Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day Zero Project #44: Have a psychic reading.

Having a psychic reading should have been one of the easier goals to accomplish on this list. Find a place that says they do fortune telling, plop down $50 and sit in front of a psychic who will tell you what your future holds.

Easy enough, right?

But, for some reason, I was nervous about doing this. It's probably because I don't believe in it and I was worried that I'd have an expression on my face that said "You are crazy" during the entire process. Another part was that I thought it might be some sort of weird situation in a dark room with candles flickering while a weird person waves their arms around a crystal ball and tries to read the color of my energy field.

Credit: Kyrukai (website)
 Neither of those sound particular appealing to me.

Nonetheless, after finding out that I had a few friends who were using their Saturday to get tarot readings down the street from the morning gathering spot I decided that their going was a sign and I added my name to the list for a visit to Enchanted Notions & Mystical Potions.


I showed up at the appointed time, nervous and expecting candles and what I got was a very normal looking shop at the end of the Crislip Arcade with a woman sitting who looked nothing like the crazy crystal ball gazer I was expecting. It was bright and sunny in the room and there wasn't any noticeable evil-looking flickering candles, either. So much for those stereotypes!

What I did get was a reading through some tarot cards that were laid out like this:

Which, for you aspiring tarot card readers, translates into something like this:

Basically, she did a basic overview of me and then we talked about some things like health and career and whatnot. I didn't know I was supposed to have some specific questions in mind, so I missed an opportunity there, but that's okay.

I wouldn't say I've been converted to a believer in this sort of thing, but it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be. If nothing else, it gave me something interesting to talk to friends about for the next few days as we went back and forth with what was said and if who amongst us believes and who doesn't.

Plus, if she is right I'm headed for a new career opportunity in the next eight months or a promotion at my job early next year so let's hope that part was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment