Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day Zero Project #16: Make My Own Soap

Our Life of Lists-inspired soap
 If you were young and idolized Chuck Palahniuk, like I did, then you assume that soap is made via a  difficult process that involves stealing fat and punching each other in the face. Imagine my surprise when I walked into Milagros in St. Pete to accomplish Day Zero Goal #16 "Make My Own Soap" and was greeted by two nice ladies and an overly lovey Golden Retriever puppy. Nothing about this place said, "OK, time to make some soap up front, before walking into the back room and getting the crap beat out of you."

Well, there was a very angry Chihuahua. I think he may have preferred Fight Club's version of soap making. He was pure evil in the form of the Taco Bell dog.

All told, soap making was a fun experience, even if it made me smell like sandalwood and lavender for two straight days.

Milagros
Hard at work designing our soap
My wife's much more "normal" soap

No comments:

Post a Comment