Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day Zero Project #61: Bake brownies.

It would seem that I am in the portion of this project where I am spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen. I'm not sure why so many people have goal's to bake more, but I'm happy that they do. I've always loved cooking, but dessert is something that I tend to shy away from making (likely because my wife is excellent in that department).

But, I'm nothing if not a slave to the list, so I found myself in the kitchen making some sort of dessert for the third week in a row. This time it was brownies. I knew I had some strawberry jam from a few weeks ago that I needed to use up, so I decided that I would try and make a Peanut Butter & Jelly Brownie.

When it was all said and done, they turned out just okay. After the last few successes, it was a bit of a crash back to reality to make something that wasn't really good.

Here's the abbreviated series of steps that lead to the creation of these brownies that will in no way teach you what you need to know if you want to actually make them:

1) Start with a ton of peanut butter. My wife has dreams where her entire diet is just giant mounds of Jif, just like this.


2) Mix a whole bunch of stuff together, throw some jam on top and then you have this:

3) Bake that for some minutes, cut it into small pieces, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment