Monday, April 28, 2014

Day Zero Project #4: Play volleyball.

Somehow I've made it through my adult life without playing a single game of volleyball. I've probably played just about every other sport possible, along with a whole bunch of other games that are fringe sports at best, but never volleyball.

And why is that? Probably because I vaguely remember being really bad at it in high school. That, and it's usually played on the beach, and I'm not a big fan of the beach. It's hot and sandy and if I was going to be playing this game it's even MORE hot and MORE sandy.

But this weekend was SportsFest (check it out if you live in the Tampa Bay area. It's a blast) and since I was going to be playing a bunch of games on the beach anyway, I figured that it'd be a good time to check this off the ole Day Zero list.

Thankfully, there was no one there to take pictures of this fiasco because I'm just as bad as I remember being as a kid. But I like to leave you with pictures, so it was a lot like this:

Except in my version there was absolutely no talent at all coming from my part of the court.

The good news is that I can check this off and spend the rest of my life avoiding the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment